Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuesday, Dead Sea, Masada & Dancing in the Desert







Tuesday morning instead of our usual 7-9am training session I decided to let the team sleep in a bit. We met in the lobby at 8am and I took them on a run through the park across from Kfar Maccabiah. When we returned from the run the girls joined Jessica in the pool for some water aerobics and stretching. A nice light workout in preparation for a long day which was ahead.

After lunch we boarded the buses for the trek down south the the Dead Sea for the unique experience of floating and mud treatments at the lowest place on earth.

After showering and changing we headed over to Masada for a tour of the last stand of the Zealots against the Roman army and a ceremony on top of the morning at sunset. A specatular view of a spectacular land!

We then walked down the mountain and boarded the buses for a short ride into the desert to have a traditional Bedohuin dinner. Not only was the food great but inspired by Ami Monson's dancing with the belly dancer the athletes all were up dancing and celebrating.

You'll have to excuse the shortness of this post as its 2:3am and I'm posting this for the second time. As I was uploading the pictures I knowed out my USB cable and the computer rebooted. I lost my original post I was working on. Needless to say I'm a bit tired and cranky right now.

I am pleased there are so many who seem to be following our adventures as I'm gotten a number of emails from you. I appreciate it and the girls all get a kick out of hearing who is out there paying attention.


Anyway, goodnight for now. BK




No comments:

Post a Comment